Picture Message Problem with Samsung Illusion 500mb Data Plan
maryeliza1018

I just got the new Illusion which now offers a $60.00 a month plan with 500mb of Data.  I turned my data off to save it (because 500mb isn't a lot at all) and couldn't send or receive picture messages. I had the Samsung Intensity $50.00 plan and could send and receive all the picture messages I wanted. I do not understand why I am paying more now, and can not even get use out of the phone. Is anyone else feeling this way?????  Picture messages should not be included in the "Data" part of this plan.... I could have kept my Old Intensity and had No Problems at all......  Why am I paying more for Less??????????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Picture Message Problem with Samsung Illusion 500mb Data Plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will have to turn on the cellular data connection to send and receive picture messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there maryeliza1018. I am happy to hear that you purchased the Samsung Illusion and I hope that you are enjoying it so far. I am sorry for the issues that you are having with the pictures messages and I would be more than happy to clear that up for you today.

Picture messages do not take from your data allowance, they come out of your messaging allowances.  Picture messages are sent over the data network though and that is why data needs to be turned on. 

Let me know if you have additional questions.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

maryeliza1018

Leaving my data on all day long will use up the data though. Unless I am positive that I have no apps running..... Right???? And how can I make sure of that when I get notifications from my email and Facebook and all that????  Thanks for responding! 😃 I do LOVE the customer service at Verizon. I just wish that Verizon would have an Unlimited Data Plan like all the other competitors are offering. I would hate to have to switch just for this reason!

0 Likes
maryeliza1018

Thanks... I do understand that, but leaving my data on will use it all up! The apps or notifications alone will use up the 500mbs in like a day or two!!! 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You only need to turn on the cellular data connection for the few moments while the phone in sending or receiving the picture messages. You don't need to leave it on all day.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

First of all you should be able to shut off notifications. You should also be able to only have apps turn on and update while on wif-fi. I do this. I use well under 500 MB a month most of the time even though I have a 2 GB plan.

Those other companies to not have unlimited data plans no matter what they say. Yeah it's unlimited if you like dial-up internet speed. If you feel you need more than 500 MB then for $10 more you can get 2 GB.

I will say I expect Verizon to continue to up the caps on pre-paid plans. Pre-paid data is 3G only and Verizon does plan on shutting down 3G within 8 years. Now already of 50% of data on Verizon's network is 4G and that numbers grows. Fewer and fewer people on post paid plans are using 3G. Which means more data available for people on pre-paid using 3G. Wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the year the 500 MB plan is 2 GB and the 2 GB plan is 5 GB.

0 Likes