Port number from prepaid T-mobile to prepaid Verizon
mac180

Hi,

How can I port my existing number from a prepaid T-mobile plan to a prepaid Verizon plan? I am using an iPhone 5 therefore I would also need a micro SIM from Verizon.

In addition to my question above; is it possible to use data connection on a prepaid Verizon plan? T-mobile has that option.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Port number from prepaid T-mobile to prepaid Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought the iPhone 5 used a nano SIM card.

Also the iPhone 5 on T-Mobile wouldn't be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

The only prepaid plans for smartphones on Verizon Wireless are monthly plans and includes an allotment of data, voice and text. You can see the specific plans under the "Shop" link above.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought the iPhone 5 used a nano SIM card.

Also the iPhone 5 on T-Mobile wouldn't be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

The only prepaid plans for smartphones on Verizon Wireless are monthly plans and includes an allotment of data, voice and text. You can see the specific plans under the "Shop" link above.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JWDragair
Enthusiast - Level 3

Porting your number would be done through the customer service line when you receive the new device for prepaid service (unfortunately your iPhone isn't compatible sorry). also no, data connection like mobile hotspotting isn't available on prepaid service. Hope that answers your questions Smiley Happy

0 Likes
mac180

I thought iPhone 5s were compatible across Verizon and other networks? I know that iPhone 4s are a different matter.

Also, I have a UK credit card and although T-Mobile has no problems with it Verizon does not accept foreign cards (not even Canadian cards). Can I buy top up cards in-store or online to get around this problem?

0 Likes
JWDragair
Enthusiast - Level 3

The 5 isn't on prepaid service since it's a 4G LTE phone, they only let you use 3G devices on prepaid service

0 Likes