Pre-Paid Cut Off?
krypterro
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought a 1GB prepaid plan just to get online and up and running. I thought I read that it wouldn't cut-off, but be capped at a 128/kbs. So I knew that I was safe in the field for data, as I could always login and pay more. Not so much. It just cut me off. So I was out of service yesterday. Is there a prepaid plan that will for sure not cut me off, and just drop me to the 128/kbs? I'd pay $100 a month for a 200/kbs cap, that's all I need, but I loathe to try to keep up with throughput (total usage) when every site wants to waste my bandwidth with ads and tracking information, or tons of graphics like the VZ site. I think I maxed out my 1/Gb just using the Verizon Wireless site to find support Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pre-Paid Cut Off?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see krypterro, thanks for those details. With that, you get 10GB for $100 every 30 days. If for some reason, you don't use the data, the balance of the $100 would stay on the account for a maximum of 60 days, but your account would replenish each month for $100. Does that make sense? If you do get close to that 10GB threshold, you will see slower speeds, yes. But if you completely run out of data, you will have to refill to ensure you can keep going. I hope that clarifies things a bit more for you.

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

krypterro, all of our Prepay data plans have the option for Always On data which will bring you down to 2G speeds once you get close to your limit. Did you purchase a data only plan or did you purchase a call (talk, text, and data) plan? We do offer an Unlimited plan for $75 a month.

Erin_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
krypterro
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told about he Unlimited Plan. The sales Chat (Jennifer) recommended it. I tried to to buy it, but the site wouldn't allow me to purchase it. I had someone from my office call, and the Verizon Rep said the Unlimited Plan wasn't available for my USB Modem. So, as I only use a USB Modem for my laptop in the field, that makes Verizon and very uncosteffective solution. I would only be on during business hours, speed isn't even a real issue, but knowing that there is some silly limit I have to keep up with to keep from getting cut off, that is a BIG issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

krypterro, help is here as I understand your need for speed. With our prepaid services, your best option would be the $100.00 10GB plan which is good for 60 days. I understand your goal is speed. I do want to ensure we are on the same page. When your account replenishes, do you experience faster speeds which then turn into slower speeds? Are you at all looking to migrate from prepay to post pay? 

Natasha_VZW

0 Likes
krypterro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually I don't care about speed at all, or total throughput. I just don't want it to ever get cut off while I am in the field. So if I buy the 10/GB plan, and you are saying it is available for a USB Modem customer, then it won't cut off for 60 days? The speed just drops to 128/kb after I pass the 10/GB?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see krypterro, thanks for those details. With that, you get 10GB for $100 every 30 days. If for some reason, you don't use the data, the balance of the $100 would stay on the account for a maximum of 60 days, but your account would replenish each month for $100. Does that make sense? If you do get close to that 10GB threshold, you will see slower speeds, yes. But if you completely run out of data, you will have to refill to ensure you can keep going. I hope that clarifies things a bit more for you.

Erin_VZW

0 Likes