Prepaid Balances
ricoch3t

If I go on a prepaid plan for a period of time (say 1 year), am I able to convert any remaining balance to a credit if I sign a 2-year contract for a share everything plan?

Or in other words, what happends to my remaining prepaid balance if I change to a Share Everything plan?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Balances
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question ricoch3t! Yes, when transferring from prepaid to postpaid, any remaining balance will appear as a credit on your bill.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
saltydogg

I have a prepaid phone that was Alltel now Verizon.  I have a large balance on the account.  I want to purchase a iPad Air and transfer that balance to either a prepaid or postpaid tablet-only data plan.  Is that possible?  How would I go about doing that (visit a store, call a cust. svc. number, etc...)?

0 Likes
Not applicable

To transfer the balance on the prepaid account to a prepaid plan for a tablet the only way that would work is if you did a device change on the prepaid account to replace the prepaid phone with the tablet.

So on your phone # ??? ??? ???? you get rid of the phone and replace it with the tablet and activate the tablet plan and program the tablet onto the account.

You can do this by calling customer service for prepaid at 888-294-6804.

0 Likes