Prepaid Family Plan to New 5G Loyality Plan?
Pende330

I am currently on a prepaid family plan with 3 lines- 2 phones and a hotspot. We have been on the family plan for several years.

If I switch to a Loyalty Plan,  will my years of service count towards the 9 month discount step? new

How does the transition to this new  prepaid plan affect my payments? I am prepaid through 11 Dec on all lines. If I change today, 15 Nov, will the payment be applied as a credit to the new service? If I change on 10 Dec, one day before the plan expires, will I be charged full cost for 1 day service? or will my plan renew date change? 

Thanks, Tim

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Family Plan to New 5G Loyality Plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us. Those are all good questions. If you change to the loyalty plan, your years will count towards those 9 months. If you move to the new plan, it's best to set it up for when your current plan expires. You're current plan is already paid for and the new plan will change after your current plan expires. Does this help to clarify that for you?  *Debbie

0 Likes
Pende330

Thanks for confirming the "years of service" credit. I am still a bit confused about timing on changing plans.

To help me understand timing: My current month to month prepaid renews on the 11th of each month and I am charged on the 10th. If I change plans on the 8th, a few days early what happens? Will the renewal date be reset to the 8th? I am not concerned about loosing credit for 2 or 3 days service. from the old plan.

Thanks Tim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, and we are here to help. The date will not change, you may be asked to make a payment to upgrade if the cost is more. You account will have no changes other the plan that you choose. *Robert

0 Likes
Pende330

Thank you Robert. So in my case since the new 5G loyalty prepaid line will cost less per month than the existing prepaid, I will see a credit for the partial month? Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing- these are prepaid lines. 

Tim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do understand the importance in getting your credit, and we are here to assist you. Please send us a Private Message, so that we can help resolve all your concerns. *Robert

0 Likes
Pende330

I have a prepaid family plan with 2 phones 1 hotspot. 

Yesterday I changed the plan on my  HotSpot from a 8GB/$30 month plan to a 5GB/$10 month plan. There are 7 days left in my billing cycle. 

Today when I log in it is still showing the 8GB plan. If I try and change it again it says there is a change pending, please wait until after 12/10/2021 to make any changes. 

What gives? I assumed any changes were immediate so why is the change still pending and the old plan still showing.

Do prepaid plans only change on the renewal date?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! Since you do pre-pay for the month of service, any changes would go into effect the next billing cycle. Let us know if you have any further questions. *Daniel

0 Likes