Prepaid Month Plans
gyfbless

Hi, all,

Recently I am thinking of opening a prepaid line. Can I choose the month plan at the very beginning or do I need to use daily plan for at least 6 months before switching to month plans?

Another corcern is about the plan change. If I need to upgrade to a higher plan in the middle of a billing cycle, can I choose to backdate it to the beginning of the billing cycle so that I can avoid the overate charges with pro-rating?

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Month Plans
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

You can use the monthly prepaid plans immediately, there is no need to use the daily plan for 6 months.  I am not sure about back-dating prepaid plans.

You should know that Verizon's monthly prepaid plans are identical to their postpaid (contract) plans, except that they are slightly more expensive.  You do not have to have a contract to use postpaid service, you can set up your account "month-to-month" if you pay full price for a phone or bring your own equipment.

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Month Plans
MandaB

You can get month pricing right off the bat you just need to have full funds to start your plan or you do not get the benefits of it. no rollbacks or backdating, if you change your plan after you have just paid for a different month plan then you have just wasted a payment & csr may gave a one time credit but it says by changing your plan you are agreeding to paying a full payment... something like that. I do not recommending changing your plan until your renewal date is due only are you wil be held accountable for your error.

hope this helps

0 Likes