Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prepaid Plan Trouble
DANNOR34

So, I received a prepaid phone from a relative and went to purchase a $35 prepaid card to add onto it. After adding the card onto the phone, I still could not use it, so I figured I had to wait on the renewal date before I could use it. It's been a few days since the renewal date and I still can't use it, so I decide to call *611 to talk to a rep., and they inform me that the number used by this phone in the past was used by someone else, even to currently and now I am out $35. Is there any way at all to get a refund back and use it on a new account and number? I feel like I was scammed in a way. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Plan Trouble
ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee
DANNOR34,

We definitely don't want you to feel scammed at all. We know it's important to get a good value when you make a purchase. So that we understand a bit better, did the representative indicate that you added the $35.00 to the other persons account? Is your relative the person who's account the money went onto? If so, could they reimburse you the money?

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes