Prepaid Plans - A Few Questions
cmgiardino

A prepaid basic phone was purchased for my daughter as a gift.  I'm very unclear on how the prepaid plans work, and am having trouble finding answers.  She will use this phone very infrequently, and for voice calls only.  There will be no need for texting, data, etc.  I'm specifically interested in the daily plan...I think the $1.99/day plan will work, but I have a few questions.

- If I load the phone with $30 and use the daily plan, does the $30 ever expire?  All I can find is that the minutes expire if I add minutes...but I'm hoping with the daily plan, the $$ won't expire.

- Does it charge only if the phone is used?  For instance, if the phone is used 1 day out of a two week period, will the charge only be $1.99? 

- Will texting/data/etc. be disabled?  I don't want her to unintentionally blow through $$ I load to the account by texting/surfing without realizing she's doing it...and would like to disable these features if possible.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Plans - A Few Questions
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The funds do usually have an expiration date on them. $30 might be 30 days. I recall $100 usually lasts for a year. Try looking through the older threads in the Prepaid Plans space on this community and see what others have written.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes