Re: Prepaid Throttled below 1MB
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sure they could comment, but they seem to only direct the community members to the prepaid customer service number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

[removed]

Ann154 wrote:

Once high-speeds data allowance is used, 128 kbps speeds for the rest of the month. Functionality of some data applications, like streaming video or audio, may be impacted. Video streams up to 480p. We may prioritize your data behind other customers during times/places of network congestion.

What this may effectively mean is: You pay X $ for a certain amount Y of "high-speed data", but VZW may traffic shape you and VZW will not, and practically can not (unless you are the engineers implementing the algorithms) tell you what constitutes network congestion, VZW will offer you no (and practically will not be able to provide you an) method to determine before you sign what the probability of the towers you may/may not use will/will not be "congested". Your speed under these conditions are not stated (and thus may be so slow as to be impractical to use data at all).

And if you should be so lucky to use your allotment Y of "high-speed data", well VZW will shape it to 128Kbps speed (which is also impractical for data).

Thus, I conclude, these may not be really practical plans.

Content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Kanetsugu

I am paying for the highest package atm that use to be the Unlimited ($70/mo).

It CLEARLY states on the offer that throttle speeds would be 600k vs the 2G speed of every single package below it.   

Yet I am now getting 110k as a max period. Doesnt ever go up at any point during any day.  I only went with this rate because 600k was decent compared to dial-up speeds.  Waste of money. Even AT&T full throttled was better than this.

0 Likes