Prepaid activation fails - cannot place or receive calls
ckwemartin

Activating a Verizon iPhone 5 with a Verizon SIM succeed online, but trying to place or receive calls fails.

Incoming callers hear "all circuits are busy" message.

Outbound calls from phone actually ring through to recipient, but when answering, call is immediately ended.

Every attempt to reach phone support results in only 2 options...adding money to my account or setting up auto pay. Auto pay is already enabled on my account and the website shows my status is paid and active.

Have done home/power reset and reseated SIM card. Phone says Verizon next to 3/5 signal bars and have power cycled numerous times. Phone has received all incoming text messages from Verizon about the activation. Dialing *611 from the phone does connect to Verizon, but I only get the same 2 choices: pay or set up auto pay.

How can I reach someone for help with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid activation fails - cannot place or receive calls
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you located? If you are in the Raleigh, NC area, there was a fiber cable cut and it is affecting all calls for Verizon Wireless in the area.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Are you porting a number in from another carrier?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid customer service number is (888) 294-6804.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If so call 888-844-7095.

0 Likes