Prepaid plan with existing phone?
submatrix

I am interested in getting the Verizon prepaid plan but I noticed that their selection of phones is very limited.  If I were to buy an iPhone or such at retail would I be able to use that with the prepaid plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid plan with existing phone?
Not applicable

nope.

0 Likes
Sylence336

You can use an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S on Prepaid on the $80 Monthly Unlimited plan. It's currently Unlimited Talk and Text with 2GB of data. It changes back to 1GB of data on Feb 1, 2013.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sylence336 wrote:

You can use an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S on Prepaid on the $80 Monthly Unlimited plan. It's currently Unlimited Talk and Text with 2GB of data. It changes back to 1GB of data on Feb 1, 2013.

Actually I believe it's 2 GB of data as long as you have service. What the point of getting 2 GB for 1 month? You have until Jan 31st to take advantage of the 2 GB deal.

0 Likes
Sylence336

That is true, sorry if my wording was off.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No problem I was just making sure it was clear to the OP. I should edit my own statement by saying you can keep  the 2 GB until Verizon decides otherwise. That may be 6 months or 6 years.

0 Likes
submatrix

Thank you for your help.  So just to verify, if I buy an iphone 4 or 4S at retail price, I can use it in on the $80 prepaid plan.  Does this have to be done in a store because I can't find an option for it online.

0 Likes
Sylence336

Correct. I would suggest purchasing at a VZW store or another retailer that sells VZW phones (WalMart, Best Buy, or RadioShack)

0 Likes