Prepaid use in Mexico
andym1

I have a prepaid phone I wish to use in Mexico (Lake Chapala area). Others in the area do use Verizon phones (so the coverage is there) and last year I was able to add prepaid time using phone but could not make a call with it. The verizon reps were unable to assist. Anyone have an idea as to what has to happen to get my Samsung Gusto working in Mexico?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid use in Mexico
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe Verizon Wireless prepaid plans work in Mexico. You might have to switch to a postpaid plan and add the Mexico calling feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
andym1
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@andym1

Mexico is one of my favorite vacation destinations to visit!  I understand how important it is to be able to stay connected while traveling abroad!

We do actually offer international roaming plans and features for our prepaid customers.  Please see our Trip Planner for details here: http://bit.ly/OFyn7n.  Also, reach out to our Prepaid Customer Service Team to ensure the proper features are in place prior to leaving our service area.  They can be reached at toll-free 888-294-6804.  Enjoy your stay!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
andym1
0 Likes
andym1

hi again AnthonyTa_VZW,

So I called support and was told to enter *228 Option 1 then *228 Option 2 which I did. Phone told me it has successfully updated the programing and roaming so it looked like I was good to go. Got to Mexico  and received a note from Verizon that said welcome to Mexico. All sounds great except I still cannot get a call to go through. All I get is a beep beep...

Any other ideas??

Thanks a lot

Andy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi andym1!

I hope you're enjoying your stay in Mexico! I'm sorry that you're having trouble using your device there. Have you tried to call the number Anthony provided? Because you are outside the US, we are not able to contact you. The number provided can be called from your wireless device or an alternate phone. You can also contact our Global Support Team at 908-559-4899 or 800-711-8300. Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
andym1
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Andy,

This is now your third reply in this discussion thread that is blank. Please try a different method to post to the community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
andym1

I noticed my blank responses but am unsure how to fix it - I hit "reply" to your (Ann154) note for this one.

0 Likes