Prepaid vs post paid service and data speeds
Mkelly1_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told by a customer service rep that the postpaid service has better signal strength and faster high speed data speeds. I have the pre paid unlimited data and have been receiving incredibly slow speeds. Where are the terms and conditions outline the differences between the post and prepaid plan? The customer service rep couldn't answer my question and told me to go to the store. I find it hard to believe that the website and customer support were unable to provide me with any terms and conditions or any information regarding the fact that post paid has better service and higher speeds than the pre paid. Website advertises that the plans are identical but that is not the case because the customer service rep told me post paid is faster and can connect to more towers. I have no congested areas where I live and there are no events so that point is moot. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and can someone find the terms and conditions stating the differences? It is deceptive marketing by telling customers the speeds and service are the same with post vs prepaid plans.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepaid vs post paid service and data speeds
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid unlimited has the terms including "Once high-speeds data allowance is used, 128 kbps speeds for the rest of the month. Functionality of some data applications, like streaming video or audio, may be impacted. Video streams up to 480p. We may prioritize your data behind other customers during times/places of network congestion."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid unlimited has the terms including "Once high-speeds data allowance is used, 128 kbps speeds for the rest of the month. Functionality of some data applications, like streaming video or audio, may be impacted. Video streams up to 480p. We may prioritize your data behind other customers during times/places of network congestion."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Imhere22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Prioritize prepaid data behind other customers ONLY AFTER “data allowance is used“ ? Or at anytime? 

also on “do more unlimited “ same idea, after the limit is reached? 

to compare prepaid plan and do more unlimited plan, while still have data allowance, same phones, same area, which plan would have better speed? Or is it same

0 Likes
Nb4webasto

A representative recently explained it to me. She said that verizon post paid was tier one, verizon prepaid was tier two, and third party companies (eg. straight talk, etc.) were tier three. So they DO prioritize data based on how you pay and what company you use. I'm not sure about signal strength though. They get away with it with by stating "somewhere" that during times of congestion your data speeds may be temporarily slower than other subscribers.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes