Problems adding Bridge Data to prepaid (Allset) iPhone5
Jmolli
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone having problems trying to add bridge data to a prepaid (Allset) phone. I've tried to add 3GB to my iPhone 5 all day today and I've had no success. I've tried doing through (1) the new My Verizon Mobile App, (2) dialing *611 and following the prompts and (3) on my PC while logged into my "My Verizon" account. All three methods result in a "system error" and I can't add any bridge data. The only thing that worked, was it allowed me to put $25 on account by charging my credit card. So now I've been taken for $25 and can't do anything with the money on now have in my account. A call to customer service was a complete waste of time. The CSR told me to do the *228 Activation code on my 4G LTE iPhone 5. I'm not a CSR and I know you don't use *228 on an a 4G iPhone! After wasting 30 minutes and being told my SIM card "had to age" (very creative), I got tired of the snow job and hung up. Is anyone else having problems adding bridge data? Please advise if you have succeeded in adding bridge data today.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems adding Bridge Data to prepaid (Allset) iPhone5
Jmolli
Enthusiast - Level 2

It turned out that I needed an new SIM card in my PrePaid iPhone5. The phone was previously used on a Verizon post paid account and for some reason they said my SIM card was stuck in "Aging" mode. After it was replaced, I added the data without problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmolli,

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with adding data. I do wish I could provide more details regarding your concerns but we do not have access to prepaid accounts via this medium. Please try to reach out to our prepaid department again at 888-294-6804 for assistance.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jmolli
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why have a Prepaid forum that is not monitored by CSR's who can actually do something about the issues posted by Prepaid customers? I'm not looking for a "sorry to hear about your problem" reply, I'm looking for answers/solutions.

What a ridiculous arrangement. This Prepaid sub-forum should be deleted so customers don't waste their time posting problems here.

Sent from my iPad

Jmolli
Enthusiast - Level 2

It turned out that I needed an new SIM card in my PrePaid iPhone5. The phone was previously used on a Verizon post paid account and for some reason they said my SIM card was stuck in "Aging" mode. After it was replaced, I added the data without problem.

0 Likes
kevinsaidler

Exact same problem!

0 Likes
santiagoqa
Contributor - Level 1

Please call customer service again at 888-294-68-04