SLOW PREPAID DATA
RW1601
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched from AT&T prepaid to Verizon pre-paid and the data speed is horribly disappointing.  My work phone is also Verizon, but its post-paid.  The data on it is fast.   Is anybody else experiencing this issue with their pre-paid phones?  I'm seriously thinking about leaving Verizon and never recommending it to anybody.  Any input is appreciated.

Labels (1)
Re: SLOW PREPAID DATA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know you have the need for speed, and we're here to help out. We never want you to have anything but the best speeds on your prepaid service. I want to make sure we get to the bottom of the less than ideal speeds. What's the zip code you are experiencing issues in?  Are you having issues other than slow data speeds? What's the make and model of your prepaid phone?

0 Likes
RW1601
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone 8 and the zip code is 93230.  I have no other complaints other than the data portion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RW1601,

I appreciate the added details. Let's keep digging into this. Have you had a change to run a speed test? If so, what speeds did you get compared to your work line? What prepaid plan are you on? 

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
klang123
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was having an issue with my pre-paid hotspot speed so I ordered a cheap (free) phone from ATT and when it arrive I was amazed at the difference: Verizon 5 bars slow, ATT 1 bar instant.

I now have ATT Unlimited and Verizon's cheapest plan for voice... Sorry VZ but you really need to stop treating pre-paid customers like yesterdays leftovers...

aarango1217
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes i have the same problem. After reading all reviews and concerns i see that verizon slows down prepaid users data when regular non prepaid users are on the network. i am in new york city where there are plenty of towers and is takes 1-5 minutes to load a page.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Aarango1217 We definitely want you to have efficient speeds. We're here to help. When did you begin to have data speed issues? What are the exact speeds you're receiving? Also, here at Verizon our postpaid customers, and prepaid customers have access to the same towers.

0 Likes
Boneman345

Yeah, you keep telling us this garbage, but too many people are experiencing much slower (and many times intolerable) data.

I had Straight Talk previously and they blow Verizon away.  It's really a rip-off.

Your prepaid customers are going to bolt en masse.  

Good luck to Verizon.  Let us know when you get your act together.

0 Likes
AmyT1932
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're lucky. I just switched and I'm post paid. Mine is so bad it won't even operate their own app.

0 Likes
adebisy

Thank you all for the information. I was thinking of switching from Verizon postpaid to prepaid because I can safe some money. After reading all the comments here. I will stick to my post-paid.

Thanks.

0 Likes