Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Samsung Intensity 2?
kands5

Since I can't seem to actually talk  anyone when I call CS I'm asking here. Is it possible to purchase a pre-paid phone (in the blister pack)  from Target  and activate it on a pre-existing pre-paid acct keeping the same number? I was told that they can only be used for new accts but I can't confirm that.

If not I'll go the ebay route, so another question, can the Samsung Intensity 2 be used for pre-paid?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity 2?
Minniehaha

You can buy the phone from Target  but in order to keep the phone number you would have to call customer service at 1-888-294-6804   as  long as the phone number has not been canceled you can just port over the old number. If your asking if you can have a number on two phones at the same time that is not possible.   

0 Likes
kands5

Thanks for the info. I wasn't planning on having two phones with the same number, I just want to port my pre-paid number to a new phone. Someone told me that you can't just buy those phones, you have to buy them directly from a Verizon store and pay full retail, which is like 3 times what the phone cost at Target. I was hoping they were wrong, so thanks for the info.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Novice

The Samsung Intensity II is able to be activated on a Pre Paid Account. As long as the device is a dual-mode or tri-mode CDMA GPS-compatible handset. Here is a link to access information for Pre Paid Service and the devices that are compatible.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Wireless%20Service/faq_inpulse_service.html

0 Likes