Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Intensity II
kturcotte

I settled on the Samsung Intensity II, and I'm liking it so far, but have a few questions. First, is it possible to use a custom ringtone, if I put it on the Micro SD Card? Where EXACTLY do I put it on the card?

On the display on the front, is there anyway to change the date format to dd/mm/yyyy?

Is there anyway to have it stop telling me when I've gone out of or come into the service area (This is driving me CRAZY)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity II
acraftylady

I don't have that phone but on my phone I have to put them in the sounds folder on the card to use as a ringtone and they have to be 30 seconds or less or I send them from my email as text to my phone.  Mary

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Novice

Thank you for your reply. You will want to store your personal ringtones in the My_Sound folder. In regards to the date format,  you can try changing the Theme. To do so, go to Menu, Settings & Tools, Set-up Wizard and select Display Themes. 

To turn the service alert off, go to Menu, Settings & Tools , Sounds Settings, Service Alerts and turn off the ERI alert. 

For more information regarding your phone, please go to Samsung Intensity II Support.

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kturcotte

Unfortunately, the card doesn't have any sort of audio folder. Would it work if I created one?
As far as the alerts, this is a visual alert. Pops up no matter WHAT I'm doing (Annoying if I'm tryping). Anyway to turn that off?

I'm also wondering about Roaming. If I am Roaming, will the phone tell me BEFORE I attempt to make a call or send a text mesage? What are the rates for roaming? I'm on the Prepaid Daily plan, no daily fee, 25 cents per minute.

0 Likes
acraftylady

Did you format the card in the phone first?  Don't have that phone but my phone when I format the card in the phone then it makes various folders like sounds and such and I just drag and drop to the sounds folder for ringtones or I email them as text.  I don't think just creating that folder will work but give it a try.   Mary

0 Likes