Share Name ID
VerizonScott

Can I use Share Name ID on a prepaid account?  When attempting to activate the site says "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Share Name ID
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VerizonScott, 

We apologize for any trouble you're having reaching a prepaid representative by phone. Here are the steps that will allow you to speak with someone: 

1. Dial 888-294-6804
  2. Select the appropriate language.
  3. If prompted, enter your phone number.
  4. Listen to your balance.
  5. Press option number 2 for anything else.
  6. Then select option number 7 for other options.
  7. When asked to speak your reason for calling press 7.
  8. Then press option number 3 to speak to a representative.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this feature. Please contact our Prepaid team at 888-294-6804 for additional assistance.

TrinetteW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VerizonScott

Tried calling the prepaid team several times... there are no menu options in the automated system that address my concern, and each time I would press 0 to try to get an actual person (no menu option presented for an operator), the automated voice only said, "We're sorry your are having issues, goodbye."  Nice.  So how do I get an actual person on the line to assist?  Thanks.

0 Likes
VerizonScott

See here for how the prepaid number works -

"Welcome to Verizon wireless, press 1 for english"

okay no problem.

"Please enter the 10-digit phone number your calling about"

that's easy.

"To make a payment with a PIN press 1, to pay with credit card, press 2..."

no, that's not what I want to do...

From this point forward, there is nothing you can do to reach customer support.  If you don't do anything or press zero to try to get to talk to person it says "we're sorry you're having trouble, goodbye" and hangs up.

Exactly, and therefore, pretty pointless.  Please advise how I can further address my concern.

0 Likes
VerizonScott

Radio silence...?

Can I use Share Name ID on a prepaid account?

...and if unable to assist via this forum...

How do I get an actual person on the line @ prepaid customer service to assist?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Based on the FAQs  it sounds like only postpaid accounts can use the Share Name ID feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Share Name ID FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VerizonScott

Thanks for the input.  Yeah, I've read through the SNID FAQs and there's nothing definitive about including or excluding prepaid customers.  And also searched through the prepaid forum and found a thread from 2015 about SNID, so also looking for more current info - but I have my doubts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VerizonScott, 

We apologize for any trouble you're having reaching a prepaid representative by phone. Here are the steps that will allow you to speak with someone: 

1. Dial 888-294-6804
  2. Select the appropriate language.
  3. If prompted, enter your phone number.
  4. Listen to your balance.
  5. Press option number 2 for anything else.
  6. Then select option number 7 for other options.
  7. When asked to speak your reason for calling press 7.
  8. Then press option number 3 to speak to a representative.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

VerizonScott wrote:

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I've read through the SNID FAQs and there's nothing definitive about including or excluding prepaid customers. And also searched through the prepaid forum and found a thread from 2015 about SNID, so also looking for more current info - but I have my doubts.

The FAQs link is referring to signing into your MyVerizon account online as the account owner or account manager. The prepaid accounts only have account members.

0 Likes