Re: Slow LTE Data on prepaid
bob52r

please pass these posting about the data throttling on to upper management.  verizon's reputation is on the line. i am sure no one intended to make smartphone unusable, but that is what is happening.

0 Likes
b5130
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Sioux Falls SD and after switching to prepaid I have days at a time where I'm this slow as well.  I can't load images or webpages for minutes at a time in the middle of downtown. 

Then I'll have one day with crazy good speed, followed by days of barely opening things.

I agree prepaid has jacked up speeds to try and force post paid I think by verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

b5130, 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulty with your data speeds. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. Please reach out to our Prepaid Customer Service Team at 888-294-6804 for assistance in troubleshooting the issues you are having with service. 

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rrrrrrrrrrrr

Switched to Verizon prepaid plan on March 31, and I plan to switch back to my old MNVO by April 30.

Spend 40+25(activation fees) for a month with the best network and I got this?

This was the first time I subscribed to Verizon, guess how long it will take me to come back again.

0 Likes
nothappyWC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. Switched to $40 from $45 for same amount of data and the day the plan renewed, began experiencing extremely slow data speeds and would have to continuously reload pages. My data usage increased 4 fold although I could only use 1/4 as much. This is my only Internet source. I talked to online and store techs., deleted most apps changed all possible settings that could cause it. Now I have my data turned off and restricted when not in use cause I consume so much more data. Every month I'm going to change to At&t but don't do it in time. Tired of having to drive 6 mi to use mcdonalds wifi in order to use the Internet or my apps. Thought if I changed plans again it would be better. I've heard alot that I'm not the only one maybe in order to buy a new phone every other year. You guys suck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Rrrrrrrrrrrr,

We value your loyalty and certainly don't want to see you go anywhere else. I know getting the best service is crucial and we're glad to help. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when possible so we can find a solution.

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nothappyWC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't go to the community cause as usual the data is too slow to load (Usually 5min/page if I don't get kicked out) So I have to wait till I drive to town to get on wifi to get your response

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
nothappyWC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't retrieve my private message. Help

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nothappyWC, 

We want to find a solution for you. Although we do not support Prepay services fully through this forum, I'm confident that our Prepay Department will be able to shed some light on your issue. Please give them a call at 1-888-294-6804 for assistance.

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nothappyWC, We'd never want to lose you. I can understand how important it is to have a reliable internet connection. As JenelleR_VZW said, our prepaid customer service can help at 888-294-6804. Is there anything else that we can help with? 

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes