Switched from postpaid to prepaid, unable to access My Verizon
GIN2META
Enthusiast - Level 1

Switched from postpaid to prepaid this a.m. (kept the same number).  Unable to access account via phone number as it says disconnected (I do have service), unable to re-register as I get an error message.

Calls to customer support are a nightmare of endless looping where eventually I get the canned "sorry you are having trouble, goodbye) message and am disconnected.

The above was an issue when I did this years a go as well.  I was assured by the rep. I spoke with this morning while doing the switch to pre-pay that My Verizon would not be effected.

How do I manage my account and set up payments?  Hours of getting the run around later I am regretting not just going to Straight Talk.

Please advise and thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switched from postpaid to prepaid, unable to access My Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might have to register for the new account with a new email address. You should also call customer service at *611 from your phone and request they de-register the previous account completely.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GIN2META
Enthusiast - Level 1

TY for suggestion.  I have called customer service no few than 25 X in the last 8 hours and disconnected each and every time I make it to the "speak with someone" choice.  My phone # is disconnected, tried a different e-mail and got sorry there is an error in your request.  Crazy horrible service.  If they don't want to deal with prepaid, they shouldn't offer it.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid customer service has a different number from the postpaid accounts. It is 1.888.294.6804.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

GIN2META, I completely understand your concern. You took the right step in trying to register again. To access your My Prepay Account you should be able to register here >> http://vz.to/2f07dks

If you are having trouble then you may have to contact Prepaid for them to unlock your account for registration.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes