Switching plans from prepaid to individual or contract plan?
Eaglesboy3144

Hi, I just wanted to know if there was a way to upgrade to a contract plan from my prepaid plan and still keep my phone. That way after a certain amount of time I would be able to upgrade and also have all the other benefits of the contract plan that prepaid does not have.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching plans from prepaid to individual or contract plan?
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

If you want to switch to postpaid (contact) service, you can do that by calling customer service and asking them to make the change.  In most cases, you can continue to use your current phone with the contract service, and your prepaid balance will be applied as a credit to your new postpaid account.  The only reason you wouldn't be able to use your phone is if it was packaged for prepaid service and had not been used on prepaid service for at least 6 months.

If you bring your own phone to your postpaid account, you can go on a "month-to-month" contract, which basically means you are on postpaid service, but you are not under a contract.  You can upgrade to a new phone at the discounted price at any time by signing a new 2 year contract.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Switching plans from prepaid to individual or contract plan?
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

If you want to switch to postpaid (contact) service, you can do that by calling customer service and asking them to make the change.  In most cases, you can continue to use your current phone with the contract service, and your prepaid balance will be applied as a credit to your new postpaid account.  The only reason you wouldn't be able to use your phone is if it was packaged for prepaid service and had not been used on prepaid service for at least 6 months.

If you bring your own phone to your postpaid account, you can go on a "month-to-month" contract, which basically means you are on postpaid service, but you are not under a contract.  You can upgrade to a new phone at the discounted price at any time by signing a new 2 year contract.

0 Likes