Switching to Prepaid Phone Plan - keep my phone number?
ksppnw

I am switching to a Verizon No-Contract/Pre-Paid Plan from an expired (Verizon) contract plan. It is essential that I keep the same phone number and want to make sure this can be done before I place the order on Verizon for the no-contract phone and service.

How do I transfer my current phone number to the new phone. In the chat session, I was told that I would have to wait to do this until I activate the new phone and then go online and request the transfer/porting. Is this correct?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching to Prepaid Phone Plan - keep my phone number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ksppnw,

We definitely understand the importance of keeping your number during your switch from postpaid to prepaid, so we are happy to help. You can definitely keep your number and switch over to rpepaid. To make this switch please contact our sales team at 800-256-4646 or by visiting your local Verizon Wireless store.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Switching to Prepaid Phone Plan - keep my phone number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ksppnw,

We definitely understand the importance of keeping your number during your switch from postpaid to prepaid, so we are happy to help. You can definitely keep your number and switch over to rpepaid. To make this switch please contact our sales team at 800-256-4646 or by visiting your local Verizon Wireless store.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes