Terrible Speed on Pre-Paid Unlimited plan
kahuna_nomad
Enthusiast - Level 2
As a long time Verizon post-paid customer for over 20 years, I am truly shocked at the slow speeds of our pre-paid unlimited data plan. We are full-time RVers and have a cellular router, with both Verizon and AT&T Sim cards. At first the upload was somewhat adequate (between 4 and 8 mbps) and download was between 3.5 and 7.5 mbps. However, after about three weeks of usage from Arizona to Colorado, we saw the speeds dropped to virtually non-existence. Our download speed in Colorado was between .97 to 1.5 mbps and upload was barely registering. I have called Verizon at 12 times since our change over, but the results had only improved marginally. Luckily, I also signed up for AT&T unlimited data plan, and the performance has surpassed Verizon by at least five times! I now use Verizon as a back-up service and contemplating getting rid of this service altogether. At first I thought I was being throttled, but after looking at usage, I have used only 2.5 GB in three weeks! I am so tired of having to call the useless customer service at Verizon as they have been no help in resolving my speed issue.
0 Likes
Re: Terrible Speed on Pre-Paid Unlimited plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kahuna_nomad, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. I'm sorry to learn about the speeds that you're experiencing with the Verizon network. Being able to have good speeds while traveling is essential. With the Unlimited Prepaid plans, in times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. This can happen at any time during the cycle.

Can you please provide me with the closest intersection and zip code that you're currently in that is giving you troubles?

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's called congestion. Do you expect Verizon to push some magical buttton?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

5-12mbps down is the best you''ll get in good reception areas.

where is a t  & t faster?

0 Likes