The mobile hotspot has disappeared; how can it be restored?
malatikatumba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from the $30 prepaid plan to the $70 unlimited data plan, after which the mobile hotspot worked for about 24 hours, and has now disappeared completely.  How can it be restored?  I've tried:  1.  shut down the phone and reboot  2.  Remove SIM and re-install.  3.  Cellular data \ "Set up Personal Hotspot" which takes me to a popup, which takes me to a url that is non-existent.  What else?  Thank you for your help? 

Re: The mobile hotspot has disappeared; how can it be restored?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The mobile hotspot feature can only be restored by switching from the prepaid unlimited plan. The prepaid unlimited plan doesn't have a mobile hotspot feature included. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Weth
Legend

Here is what it says on the prepaid plans when you click the i button next to hot spot:

“Share your Verizon network connection with other devices so they can access the internet at 4G speeds. Mobile hotspot/tethering not included on the Unlimited plan.”

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AnaH_VZW Thank you so much for patience. The free mobile hotspot is no longer available on the Prepaid unlimited plan. You would need to move back to a reguar data plan for the hotspot.

0 Likes
RBrogen
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is frick'n rediculous.  We pay more for the unlimited plan and you take away access to the very access to the data!  why?  I HATE BIG COMPANIES!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is the last thing we want you to feel, RBrogen. I would love to help as much as I can. Can you tell me more about why you feel this way? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
betleydr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ready to switch to different carrier. I asked specifically if there was an advantage to keeping my other 5 GB data plan and the SALESPERSON said there wasn't - should have known better I guess. I would say eliminating the hotspot is big deal, and complete disadvantage. There is no point in going to the unlimited plan if hotspot isn't available. On top of that, the compnay discount I was eligible for with 5 GB plan is not eligible on unlimited. SHE forgot to mention that disadvantage as well! Crooks! Seems the unlimted plan has more limitations than my last plan, but apparently those weren't worth bringing up to me when I asked, because she had to make some sales.
The site that it says to go to to set up the hotspot doesn't exist, it also says to go to the add-ons, where there is no option to add it! Ever since going to the unlimited plan I have had nothing but problems. They love to leave out important details when selling you all this dirt - thats what commission based sales gets customers. Pathetic and deceitful company. Done - With - Verizon!

I will lose money going to a different carrier just to be done with them. 

BEWARE OF VERIZON'S SHADY/ DECEITFUL TACTICS TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any confusion with our unlimited plans and their features, betleydr. I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your concerns about the Mobile Hotspot feature. Please note that this feature is not included with the Start Unlimited plan, but it is included with our other unlimited plans. Please confirm this information at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/compare-unlimited/).

You are a valued customer and we do not want you to consider a move from our Verizon family (https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/better-matters/) for a misunderstanding about our unlimited plans and features.

Does this information clarify your options to get Mobile Hotspot with other unlimited plans?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
BrandX77
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is absolute garbage! Why would Verizon do this to their customers? Seriously considering switching to another carrier

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Isn't the customer responsible for reading and understanding the plan they selected? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.