The pre-paid plans allow the purchase of extra data that lasts up to 90 days. Is this used before or after the regular monthly data?
hemoglobinRed

The pre-paid plans allow the purchase of extra data that lasts up to 90 days. Is this used before or after the regular monthly data?

For example I listen to a lot of pandora radio.  If I wanted to used 3 gigs/month for 3 months would I have to buy the 2 gig/month plan (with auto pay) and buy 3 gigs extra for $20?  Where those extra 3 gigabytes are spread across those 3 months?

-Samuel

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The pre-paid plans allow the purchase of extra data that lasts up to 90 days. Is this used before or after the regular monthly data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hemoglobinRed, Managing your data is the key to successful usage! I applaud you for being proactive in understanding your Pre Paid Data plan options. The application of the prepaid plan data allowance varies based on the specific plan you have selected for your account. Here's a link that will provide more information about how our Prepaid data work:  workhttp://www.verizonwireless.com/support/prepaid-plans-and-service-faqs/. I want to make sure your data concerns are addressed thoroughly.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: The pre-paid plans allow the purchase of extra data that lasts up to 90 days. Is this used before or after the regular monthly data?
Not applicable

your regular monthly allotment is used up first. Then the extra data. Whatever is left of the extra data is carried over to the next month up to 90 days.

So in your example you 2 GB plan you sued 3 GB. So you used 1 GB of the extra data so 2 GB are carried over. then next month you used 3 GB. 2 from you regular allotment and 1 form you extra data. that would leave 1 GB left for the 3rd month. Of course you could end up using all 3 extra GB up in the first month( so 5 GB total ) if you wanted to then nothing would be left over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hemoglobinRed, Managing your data is the key to successful usage! I applaud you for being proactive in understanding your Pre Paid Data plan options. The application of the prepaid plan data allowance varies based on the specific plan you have selected for your account. Here's a link that will provide more information about how our Prepaid data work:  workhttp://www.verizonwireless.com/support/prepaid-plans-and-service-faqs/. I want to make sure your data concerns are addressed thoroughly.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes