Traveling to Canada with Prepay
monteu

I'm traveling to Canada and going to be there 3 days.  I have a Nexus 5x phone.  Is there anyway I can use this there?  I can maybe get by without data because will have wifi at the meeting place, but really want to be able to text and talk.  Any input is very much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Re: Traveling to Canada with Prepay
Mitchthe
Enthusiast - Level 3

cnmg432 I hope you have a fun time going on your trip to Canada!

Below is the website for Verizon international calling whilst outside Prepay coverage area.

First Thing First do you have a 4g phone, if not your phone will not work in Canada.

Canada coverage map link http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/overlays/international-travel-coverage-map.html

http://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/prepaid/international-in-us.html

International CallingWHILE TRAVELING OUTSIDE THE US

Make calls and stay connected while traveling outside of the U.S. at these per minute rates:

• $0.69 per minute while in Puerto Rico, Canada and U.S. Virgin Islands
  • $0.99 per minute while in Mexico
  • $1.99 per minute while traveling in the following countries:
    • Anguilla
    • Antigua & Barbuda
    • Barbados
    • Bermuda
    • Cayman Islands
    • Jamaica
    • St. Kitts & Nevis

International MessagingWHILE TRAVELING OUTSIDE THE US

You can send and receive text messages while traveling outside the U.S.$0.50 per message sent (per recipient) and $0.05 per message received in the following countries:

• Anguilla
  • Antigua & Barbuda
  • Barbados
  • Canada
  • Cayman Islands
  • Jamaica
  • Mexico
  • Puerto Rico
  • St. Kitts & Nevis
  • U.S. Virgin Islands

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Traveling to Canada with Prepay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a wonderful question, cnmg432. We want to make sure that you can stay connected while traveling to Canada. If the device is currently on our pre-paid services, I would highly recommend on reaching out to our Prepaid team toll free at 888-294-6804. They would be able to go over all the details about making calls and text while in Canada.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
monteu

Thank you for your reply!  However I cannot seem to talk to a real person on that number.  Can you please tell me what options I need to push or what number I can call to talk to a live person about this matter of using my phone in Canada?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Mitchthe
Enthusiast - Level 3

cnmg432 I hope you have a fun time going on your trip to Canada!

Below is the website for Verizon international calling whilst outside Prepay coverage area.

First Thing First do you have a 4g phone, if not your phone will not work in Canada.

Canada coverage map link http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/overlays/international-travel-coverage-map.html

http://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/prepaid/international-in-us.html

International CallingWHILE TRAVELING OUTSIDE THE US

Make calls and stay connected while traveling outside of the U.S. at these per minute rates:

• $0.69 per minute while in Puerto Rico, Canada and U.S. Virgin Islands
  • $0.99 per minute while in Mexico
  • $1.99 per minute while traveling in the following countries:
    • Anguilla
    • Antigua & Barbuda
    • Barbados
    • Bermuda
    • Cayman Islands
    • Jamaica
    • St. Kitts & Nevis

International MessagingWHILE TRAVELING OUTSIDE THE US

You can send and receive text messages while traveling outside the U.S.$0.50 per message sent (per recipient) and $0.05 per message received in the following countries:

• Anguilla
  • Antigua & Barbuda
  • Barbados
  • Canada
  • Cayman Islands
  • Jamaica
  • Mexico
  • Puerto Rico
  • St. Kitts & Nevis
  • U.S. Virgin Islands
0 Likes
monteu

Ok, Thanks!  is there anything I need to do so this works?  6 weeks ago I was in Canada just for a few hours in an area where coverage is showed but I did not have any service.   Phone is a Google Nexus 5x.  Appreciate it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To ensure it works you would need to call our prepaid team. You can reach a person at 888-294-6804, we promise.
NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mitchthe
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you had the same phone and weren't getting coverage i would make sure roaming is allowed. keep in mind you will have to have more money loaded onto your prepay plan to cover the cost of roaming charges. But I would go a head and reach out to Verizon prepay customer service to make sure no other feature needs to be turn on your phone or account

0 Likes