Unable to make a call, even though map shows coverage...
jmvannoy

Is the Verizon coverage map known to be incorrect in places?  I was unable to make a call from my prepaid plan (unlimited talk & text), even though I was calling from an area shown in bright red on the coverage map.  (I did select "Prepay Voice" from the Coverage drop-down selector.)

When I tried calling, I received first a message "Please reenter the ten digit number you are calling and do not push send."  I did that, and then received a message "There is not enough money on your account to place this call."

When I contact prepaid customer support about it, they told me there is no coverage in that area FOR PREPAID ONLY.  They said there is coverage there for post-paid plans.  But if that's the case, I don't know why the coverage map shows the area in red for prepay voice.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

John

0 Likes
Re: Unable to make a call, even though map shows coverage...
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

jmvannoy

There is so many trouble shooting questions. It sounds like your calling internationally. I had a sales/scam call come in did not get to it in time. Tried to call back, the number changed to 011 ***.***.****

I got the same messages. There are a lot of scam/sales calls and text on prepaid. Out sourced customer service. Which makes a person wonder. 

I am in the USA, does not make scenes that you can by a prepaid Verizon and not make a call. There is a signal bar at the top and there is roaming options. 

Smartphone turn phone off and back on to update network roaming. *228 from a dumbphone.

In short prepaid or postpay you should be able to place a USA call from anywhere you get signal bars (2).

0 Likes
Re: Unable to make a call, even though map shows coverage...
jmvannoy

I was calling a domestic number.  In fact I tried calling the land line of the house I was at.

I called Verizon customer service from the problem location, and they were able to send a "code" to my phone (whatever that is) that resolved the issue with making a voice call.  However I'm still unable to get mobile data from there, even though the coverage map shows it as having 4G coverage.  I can't even get 3G.  Their customer service was unable to resolve that.  

0 Likes