Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Unable to make a call, even though map shows coverage...
jmvannoy

Is the Verizon coverage map known to be incorrect in places?  I was unable to make a call from my prepaid plan (unlimited talk & text), even though I was calling from an area shown in bright red on the coverage map.  (I did select "Prepay Voice" from the Coverage drop-down selector.)

When I tried calling, I received first a message "Please reenter the ten digit number you are calling and do not push send."  I did that, and then received a message "There is not enough money on your account to place this call."

When I contact prepaid customer support about it, they told me there is no coverage in that area FOR PREPAID ONLY.  They said there is coverage there for post-paid plans.  But if that's the case, I don't know why the coverage map shows the area in red for prepay voice.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

John

0 Likes
Re: Unable to make a call, even though map shows coverage...
tbint62
Novice

jmvannoy

There is so many trouble shooting questions. It sounds like your calling internationally. I had a sales/scam call come in did not get to it in time. Tried to call back, the number changed to 011 ***.***.****

I got the same messages. There are a lot of scam/sales calls and text on prepaid. Out sourced customer service. Which makes a person wonder. 

I am in the USA, does not make scenes that you can by a prepaid Verizon and not make a call. There is a signal bar at the top and there is roaming options. 

Smartphone turn phone off and back on to update network roaming. *228 from a dumbphone.

In short prepaid or postpay you should be able to place a USA call from anywhere you get signal bars (2).

0 Likes
Re: Unable to make a call, even though map shows coverage...
jmvannoy

I was calling a domestic number.  In fact I tried calling the land line of the house I was at.

I called Verizon customer service from the problem location, and they were able to send a "code" to my phone (whatever that is) that resolved the issue with making a voice call.  However I'm still unable to get mobile data from there, even though the coverage map shows it as having 4G coverage.  I can't even get 3G.  Their customer service was unable to resolve that.  

0 Likes