Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Unable to receive text messages from Android devices
vistech

Hello,

Last week I switched from postpaid to prepaid family plan with 2 lines. I am unable to receive text messages from my husband (the second line on the account). He has an Android device. He receives my messages. I have an I-Phone 5S and I can still receive messages from other i-phone devices. I was on the phone with Verizon support for 1.5 hours and they just left me holding there after telling me to power down my i-phone. While I was on hold with Ron, I dialed in from another phone and an automated message said that they closed at 11pm ET but Ron left me on hold and it was past 11pm. Can someone from Verizon please help? I already did all the troubleshooting with Ron - reset network settings, power down the phone; checked for latest updates on my phone; checked the user is unblocked. I'm also unable to receive text message from Verizon when I try to get registered on "my verizon" website.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to receive text messages from Android devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know how important it is to receive messages from the people closest to you. How long has this been going on? When you switched over, did you receive a new sim card? Were you able to receive message from your husband before? 

Nichole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes