Unlimited talk/text, but balance is showing charges?
reamis89

i have a $45 monthly unlimited talk/text prepaid plan, but when i log in, it is showing my balance is like $18 and the autopay just replenished on 7/11. it is showing charges or $0.20 per sms and $0.25 per min of talk. what the crap is going on? oh and my 1GB of data (plus the 1GB for autopay) is not working and it's only been 3 days. Someone help please!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited talk/text, but balance is showing charges?
Snn5
Legend

Those charges are for sms/voice roaming.  The prepaid roaming area, while sparse, does exist.  You will always see 1GB in the app and whenever you get the 1GB bonus, it will show 2GB online, but you don't see the 2nd till you use the first.  Despite being prepaid, I have seen where last months roaming use came out of the next month's autopaid amount.  Do all the charges add up to $27?  Do you have dates for those charges and use?  I was told that, $45 covers the month and if you end up in a roaming area, that unless you had extra in the account then you couldn't make a call or send a text.  So, I would think you'd need more that $45 to even be able to roam.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon Wireless

That page gives different info stating unlimited text and calls for domestic use.  International of course cost a fee, but if you carry no balance in the account after the monthly fee, then you can't make any roaming calls or send/receive any roaming texts, since no money is present in the account to cover those fees.  I was told that the map was not updated to reflect the new expanded prepaid coverage area.  So, basically, some Verizon info states there really is no roaming anymore domestically and other info suggests differently.  Do you live in OK, TX, or KY?  Those seem to have large prepaid roaming areas.  Or are you near a country border?

• If you do not have enough funds to cover the monthly access fee, you will be charged 25¢ per minute, 20¢ per text.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to assist you reamis89! We don't have access to prepaid but you can reach out to them at 888-294-6804 and I am confident they will be able to assist.

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I don't understand why Verizon reps always refer to a prepaid number.  I can understand account issues needing external referent, but to answer a plan question?  Seems it should be basic Vzw_Rep repertoire. Or, like everyone else, a Direct Message would be nice for Prepaid customers.  Unless, that service offering is only for postpaid.

Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

I don't get why they even bother posting if all they are going to do is refer a customer to a phone number I am sure if they wanted would just call instead of posting in here.

0 Likes