Unlock prepaid phone
Tngunlvr

i have a Moto G Play prepaid phone I have had for a year. I would like to move to a different carrier. I have tried calling several Verizon phone numbers and I cant get past the prompts to talk to someone to help with this. I even called  the Verizon Store where I bought the phone and they told me to call the 800 number and hit 0 to get to a live person. That did not work. I am frustrated that I cant talk to someone To help me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlock prepaid phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trigunlvr, we are so sad to hear that you want to leave us. We can help review your phone with you. Since we do not lock our 4G LTE Prepaid Devices, there is no code needed to program them with another carrier.

Since the phone is manufactured for our network, it can only activate using our SIM cards. So you would need to contact your new provider and have them pre-activate their SIM in a similar phone to yours before installing it into your phone.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tngunlvr We are sad to learn you are thinking of leaving. What has you feeling this way? What questions do you have?

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
calinb

Sorry--you DO lock some of your prepaid phones and your answer here is incorrect. There is much discussion about your locked prepaid phones all over the Internet. You may consult your own webpage here:

http://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy

Specifically note:

Prepaid Device Unlocking Policy

3G Device Policy

We do not lock our 3G devices, other than our 3G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones,

<snip>

and

4G Device Policy

We do not lock our 4G devices, other than our 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones.

<snip>

Unlocking policy for Deployed Military Personnel

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer in the military we will unlock your device at your request.

<snip>

Follow the instructions on the page to get an eligible phone unlocked.

The back of my Prepaid Verizon MotoE4 box says that it may only be used on Verizon prepaid service for 1 year or until $75 in payments are received. At that time, it is eligible for unlocking.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

calinb-

As your advocate, I want to make sure you're provided with correct information at all times. Per our unlocking policy on Prepaid phones, you are able to active your phone with another provider as long as our policy criteria has been met

http://vz.to/2b93CKz Please view our policy under 4G device policy for Prepaid. Once our Prepaid criteria has been met, we can assist to unlock your phone. Please contact our Prepaid team by dialing 888-294-6804.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes