Unlocked phone work with my existing prepaid account?
Sbrewer7

I am looking to get an "unlocked phone" Moto E4 Plus from Walmart.com since it has 32GB...I am just wondering if I will be able to activate it on my existing Verizon Prepaid account?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlocked phone work with my existing prepaid account?
AARCAM_
Enthusiast - Level 2

The compatibility with the network depends on the Device ID and the SIM ID. Both numbers, in the case of a Moto phone, can be accessed by following these steps: SETTINGS > ABOUT > STATUS.

DEVICE ID = IMEI.

SIM ID = ICCID.

With these numbers, an agent can check to determine compatibility. With an unlocked device, my supposition would be that the IMEI number will be compatible. An agent can then either provide you with a compatible SIM card in a store, or you can have you shipped for free by calling Telesales.

With those phones, often the IMEI is accessible on the box--that way you don't have to purchase the phone to determine whether it's compatible. I'd suggest calling before going to the register.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AARCAM_
Enthusiast - Level 2

The compatibility with the network depends on the Device ID and the SIM ID. Both numbers, in the case of a Moto phone, can be accessed by following these steps: SETTINGS > ABOUT > STATUS.

DEVICE ID = IMEI.

SIM ID = ICCID.

With these numbers, an agent can check to determine compatibility. With an unlocked device, my supposition would be that the IMEI number will be compatible. An agent can then either provide you with a compatible SIM card in a store, or you can have you shipped for free by calling Telesales.

With those phones, often the IMEI is accessible on the box--that way you don't have to purchase the phone to determine whether it's compatible. I'd suggest calling before going to the register.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sbrewer7, we always want to ensure you have the right device to suit your needs! Purchasing an “unlocked” phone doesn’t always guarantee that the phone will work on our network. As AARCAM! has mentioned, the device must be compatible with our network in order to function well. In this case, we recommend checking the Device ID or IMEI number to verify the compatibility before making a purchase. You can learn more about this at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/prepaid-bring-your-own-device-program-faqs/

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes