VZ prepaid and an iPhone 5SE - bizarre message when making outgoing calls
Dolewager

Hi, I'm hoping for some help on this as the local Verizon store just passed this off to having me spend 1 hour attempting to get through to tech support. Great customer service at a Verizon wireless store.

here it goes:

9/29 I go to the Apple Store and buy a new unlocked 5SE.  i  get the phone activated on the $45 prepaid plan. I get a new phone number. My goal is to port an existing number to this. Phone gets activated and I call it from another phone, it receives the call. I enter the Apple ID / password and get the phone set up. All seems fine until 10/1 when I make my first outgoing call.  (I'm not making this  up with this message)

"can not find required treatment ID. Please contact your service provider. Location 30472".  This is what I get after I dial any phone number. If I wait a few seconds the call goes through.

10/3 - I go to the VZ store and they here the message and thinks it's temporary and will go away when my number gets ported over to the 5SE.

10/5 - number is ported and same message with every outgoing call. VZ store is stumped and told me to call tech support.

I call Apple - not the phone

everything works on the phone. I'm on LTE and tried the 3G for data and all works. Voice mail is set up and incoming and outgoing texts work fine.

phone has been reset twice and is on the latest IOS. VZ reset  carrier settings.

Any suggestions????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ prepaid and an iPhone 5SE - bizarre message when making outgoing calls
Mysharona619

Wow this is happening to me also. I've only had this prepaid service on my Galaxy5 for a couple days. It didn't happen right away...but now it's every call I make. Very irritating.

0 Likes
SAVLAU57

Hi there, recently had the same problem with a customer of mine as I work in an indirect verizon location. The HD voice calling feature has to be disabled in order for the issue to be resolved.

0 Likes
marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

SAVLAU57, thanks for reaching out. This is a very odd issue to experience. Are you having this issue on prepaid as well? Did you also purchase a phone directly through Apple?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mysharona619

No. My phone was a gift.

0 Likes
doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee

We realize it's important to make calls when you need to. Let's get working so you can make those outbound calls. May I have your zip code? Are you able to receive calls? Do you get the same error 30472? Also, have you reached out to our Prepaid Team at 888-294-6804? - Dolores

0 Likes
Mysharona619

My zip code is: 92123-2861

And no, I have not yet contacted your VZ Prepaid Team @ 888-294-6804. That

will be my next attempt at resolving my inquiry. Thank you for your

response, I do appreciate you trying to resolve this for me.

0 Likes
amcdc

I had this problem on my prepaid w iphone 6s.  Agent had me reset network settings, turn off phone, remove sim.  He then set my "announcements" to low in the system - i guess it was set to high. 

0 Likes
jliberman15

Hi, this is not an actual error code, but a component of the announcement level of your prepaid number.

I had the same issue and this is how I resolved it:

1) Customer service has to resolve this. Call them at *611, follow the menu prompt to questions, technical difficulties and then other. Prepaid customer service is hard to navigate and this is the only way I've found to get a hold of a representative.

2) The agent I spoke to happened to know of the issue, but if yours doesn't, tell them you would like your announcement level set to low. If you're receiving these messages it's on high.

3) When they complete the change, you should receive a notification that your Verizon account is updated through whatever your preferred method of communication is. (I received a text)

4) You can test it while on the line with the rep by selecting add call, or holding and starting a new call. Dialing *832 is the test line for Verizon, quick and easy way to know whether the update went through.

Hopefully this helps anyone with the issue!

0 Likes
doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee

I'm following up with you to see if this has been resolved. Please provide an update and let me know if you reached our Prepaid team.

0 Likes