VZW Prepaid $250 Mastercard promotion is a scam
kenmba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I brought two smart phones from AT&T and activate two new lines with VZW Prepaid.   I'm supposed to get $250 Mastercard promotion after 8 weeks.  It has been more than 12 weeks and couple chat and email to the VZW.  I still don't get the gift cards and they said my phone numbers are invalid.  No one seems to know how to fix the problem.  They just resubmit the promotion everytime that I talked to them.  They said nothing they can do except to resubmit the claims.  Am I wasting my time here? 

Re: VZW Prepaid $250 Mastercard promotion is a scam
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Never heard of Verizon offering the $250 gift card on prepaid plan.

Bring Your Own Device Promotion
What are the rules to receive the $250 prepaid MasterCard, and who is qualified for it?

To qualify for the $250 prepaid MasterCard promotion, you must:

• Bring your own phone using My Verizon online or the My Verizon app (device payment and 2-year contracts are not eligible)
  • Port your phone number from another carrier
  • Remain active for 45 consecutive days

You must remain enrolled with Verizon for 6 months to avoid a possible chargeback.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/bring-your-own-device-using-esim-faqs/#mastercard

0 Likes
kenmba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I worked with the VZW person online, verizonwireless.com.  She/he convinced me to switch both of my lines to VZW from AT&T.  Then, I would get the $250 per line promotion.  At this point, I think this is totally a scam.  This is wrong.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

@kenmba wrote:

I worked with the VZW person online, verizonwireless.com.  She/he convinced me to switch both of my lines to VZW from AT&T.  Then, I would get the $250 per line promotion.  At this point, I think this is totally a scam.  This is wrong.

I doubt they convinced you to switch to prepaid

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenmba, I can understand your concerns regarding this promotion. It is a valid promotion but only for postpaid customers. If you ported your number to a prepaid account it would not qualify for this switching promotion. You can view these details here: http://spr.ly/6603EosJt; AlbertoR_VZW

rebecbran73
Enthusiast - Level 1

The promotion is legit. You have to port over your number with the BYOD option. After activation of the device, number, & registration with verizon wireless account site, they will send you a confirmation code for the promotion.  In that EMAIL that they send you there is a link that you are suppose to click on that link is: vzw.com/digitalrebatecenter. 

rebecbran73
Enthusiast - Level 1

When you click on the rebate center link you will be redirected to a page that asks for the promo code (which was sent in an email) along with your purchase date (this means date of device port or date of device purchased if buying from verizon). This has to be done within 30 days of your activation date! You will receive a confirmation email that has a tracking number for the MasterCard $250 that Verizon send. In that email it also states that it will take up to 8 weeks to receive. 

Hope all of this information helps you & anyone else who had concerns about this promotion. I called Verizon for help with registration & that is how I found out that it is actually a legit offer, not a scam. I spoke with a LIVE Verizon Agent not online chat, etc. 

However, I don't know if the offer would still be available at this point because I see your question was posted back in June. Here it is Oct. I recently switch to Verizon & tonight I, too, had concerns of whether or not the offer was a scam or not. The stipulation of the promotion is that your service has to remain active for a certain amount of time without being disconnect or the $250 will be taken out of your payment option/you will have to pay the amount back. 

Good luck! 

Rebecca 

0 Likes
justice7

I just received an email that said there was a problem with my rebate submission and when I checked my status it states that the place where I purchased my Iphone is not a participating seller which was at seymour johnson afb. way to support the vets that verizon is always claiming....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your service to our country, justice7. We just sent you a private message to offer assistance with this matter. 

AnthonyC_VZW

liammcbride03
Enthusiast - Level 2

kenmba

Verizon only offers the 250 dollar prepaid mastercard to those who have brought their phones over to their postpaid wireless service. Just for future reference, those promos are usually for postpaid wireless accounts.

Best Regards,

liammcbride03