VZWAVSSERVICE has quit working
gearjammer379
Enthusiast - Level 1

When i start my galaxy s3, i get his message "unfortunately VZWAVSSerice has stopped"  what does this mean?  everything seems to work, as far the phone goes, it's just the verizon network that's always roaming. it has been updated to kit kat, could that have something to do with it? 

Labels (1)
Re: VZWAVSSERVICE has quit working
Snn5
Legend

http://thedroidguy.com/2014/11/fix-common-samsung-galaxy-s3-problems-errors-glitches-part-49-100210

The VZW AVS Service is obviously Verizon’s app that runs in the background. Only the provider knows what the service does. But the thing is, it’s not actually the service that causes the error message, it’s the newly updated Google apps. It seems there’s a conflict between this service and Gapps. Try to go to Application Manager and find Google+. There’s a button there that says Uninstall Updates, hit it and that should fix the problem. To prevent this error messages from popping up in the future, disable vzwavsservice.

Some have said this works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gearjammer379!

Let's look into this! Upon further review other customers experiencing this issue discussed and found a resolution in this community thread:http://vz.to/1KABxFV

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gearjammer379
Enthusiast - Level 1

did not work for me, still doing it.

0 Likes
Fuzzy87

Ok Verizon after searching I swear 10 different forums here this issue affects many people. Now we pay you for a service and right now I think many of us are still waiting for you to actually answer the question. "What is the VZWAVSSERVICE?" Now this is a simple question. Some of us use the Google+ idea and are more inclined to disable your, what we assume, invasive software, since you always  avoid answering the question of what it is.  So real simple question what is this?

0 Likes