Verizon is not honoring the terms of my data plan.
colincahill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon,

Earlier this year I switched from post-paid to a pre-paid plan.  The plan I signed up with was $45/mo for unlimited talk & text + 1 GB of data.  However, because I enrolled in autopay, an additional 500mb/mo was supposed to be included in the monthly data package.  This bonus amount was eventually boosted to 1 GB monthly.

So at the current time, according to the plan I was sold, I should be receiving 2GB monthly with unlimited talk/text.  However, every time I check my data plan on either the phone or the web site I haven't been able to see any evidence of Verizon actually honoring the terms of this plan. 

Instead, every time I check my usage, the plan indicates that I only have 1GB of data monthly.  When I've talked with phone representatives about this, they tell me that the 'bonus data' is in effect on the account and that it's simply not listed.

Well, I'm fairly certain that the bonus data is not active.  Here's why I think that:

• The "data used" number on the web app matches (in reverse) the "data remaining" on the mobile app.
  • All of the data usage is itemized on the website, so it appears to be tracking pretty closely how much data I'm using.
  • After I used all of the data as listed on the website, my phone stopped working.

So I'm being shorted data every month.  I know I'm just a lowly prepaid user, but I don't think this is right.

Also, even if I was correctly being given the bonus data, why would it not be appearing on either the website or on my mobile app?  Is there not enough room in that record $4.22b Verizon profit margin to include this data on the web app OR the mobile app?

P.S.  The Verizon web app is so badly broken that it wouldn't even let me sign in /  create an account on the verizon community forums with the same email address that I use for MyVerizon.  Makes you wonder what exactly is happening at the Verizon web team.

-- Colin

However, since I started Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-13-26.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 10.57.07 PM.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon is not honoring the terms of my data plan.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

All of our customers are VIPs, leroyskagnetti. Let's ensure you get your full data allotment. When it shows you're out of data, are you still able to get online when not connected to WIFI? What make and model phone do you have?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the right promotions so you can get the most out of your data. To fully review the account details it would be best to discuss with our Prepaid Suport Team once more at 888-294-6804.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
colincahill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Yes, I can still connect if I was on Wifi.  It's clearly a data plan issue and not a technical one.  I receive the text messages telling me I'm out of data.

0 Likes
colincahill
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last two times I've talked to phone representatives they tell me that I am getting the bonus data.  However the site tells me differently. 

So which is it -- am I being denied the bonus data or is the site incorrectly telling me that I have used my data?  If it's the latter, my data service is also being incorrectly turned off.

Who do I talk to if/when I hear the same response from the customer service team?

Ultimately Verizon clearly de-prioritizes its pre-paid customers.  This is the fourth or fifth time I've been jerked around since I switched to prepaid.  We shouldn't need to have to beg for scraps to get decent customer service.

Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

This is why I try to stick with using Wifi as much as possible. It's pretty obvious Prepaid gets the short end of the stick when it comes to data. If they are not honoring the data for your plan and not getting any help from customer service you should file a complaint. Not much else you can do sadly. Luckily this has never been an issue for me the 1GB from how often I use tends to last me just fine every month. It's always important to make sure it's turned off though when using Wifi or just not using internet at all.

0 Likes