Verizon prepaid is paperweight overseas
cia71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched to Verizon because the wifi calling anywhere.

Verizon says you need only;

• Have a phone that's HD Voice-enabled and Wi-Fi Calling-capable
  • Have the HD Voice feature on your account and activated

I asked the customer service over the fone and later at the store. Both said work in any country.

Today I'm overseas and I found out this is not true.

Be careful, don't waste your time talking to a customer rep, after one says need to turn off and on. other one need network reset, other one factory reset,

You will be ending with technical support which will tell you. Verizon prepaid wifi calling does not work around the globe.

So, if you are going to Brazil, switch to another company or use google hangouts.

Looks like they don't say anything before because they are trying to push you a $ 10 add-on daily plan. When you abroad you don't have many options.

If you are prepaid Verizon, before travel install a third party app, like Hangouts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon prepaid is paperweight overseas
boringusername
Master - Level 1

HD voice is not wi-fi calling. Verizon does not have native service outside the US. You are roaming on local carriers and those carriers are not going to support Verizon's HD voice. if you want to use wi-fi calling put your phone in airplane mode then turn on wi-fi only.

0 Likes
cia71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, anyone knows how to forward the Verizon number to a working fone number from overseas?

0 Likes
cia71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its nothing related to HD voice, and won't work with airplane ON and Wifi ON.

Verizon blocks prepaid to make and receive a call from a prepaid fone.

Also, they make worst, If someone calls your prepaid, when you are overseas, they will hear a message from Verizon saying your line have a restriction. And people will think you didnt pay the bill.

If you try to make any call , they forward you to the payment center,.

So, the wifi connects, but Verizon try to stab you on the back, forcing you to pay an extra daily 10 dollars.

I tried with VPN, cellular off, on. The iphone top bar shows VZW Wi-Fi.

But impossible to make or receive call.

If youré planning to travel overseas do not waste your time trying to use the Veriizon Prepaid Wifi calling. Wont work.

0 Likes