Visual Voicemail on PrePaid plans should not be disabled (Android)
VerizonCustomer02
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon obviously can support visual voicemail. 

Visual voicemail work on prepaid plans if you are using an iPhone. Likely because Apple would not approve of Verizon disabling this feature for their phones. 

It's a simple feature that that seems to be disabled as a punishmnet for not being on a tradtional phone plan. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual Voicemail on PrePaid plans should not be disabled (Android)
boringusername
Master - Level 1

From the FAQ "

That is why it's not disabled. It's not Verizon's

View solution in original post

boringusername
Master - Level 1

From the FAQ "

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Visual Voicemail is a fantastic alternative to traditional dial-in voicemail, VerizonCustomer02. You’re in the right place for some expert help. You mentioned both Apple and Android devices in your post as well, so we want to be sure we fully understand. Are you having trouble with your voicemail services? Please share more details, so we can help you in the best way possible.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonCustomer02
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi George, 

I switched from Sprint to Prepaid verizon and my wife switched from a post-pay verizon plan to a pre-paid verizon plan. Since the switch to the pre-paid verizon plan, neither of our phones are capable of using the built in android visual voicemail feature. 

I call technical support and they informed me that visual voicemail is disabled on prepaid plans (except for iPhones). It seems like such a simple feature that should be enabled. It's truly aggrivating. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VerizonCustomer02, we're happy to learn that you and your wife made the switch to Verizon Wireless. I understand that having the ability to have the Visual Voicemail feature on your Android devices. With the prepaid accounts, the visual voicemail option is in fact only available for iPhone's. Please know that your feedback has been lifted up. I do apologize for any inconvenience.   KevinR_VZW

mama23dogs
Legend

@boringusername wrote:

From the FAQ "

Can we just mark this as the correct answer?   (Because it is).  

0 Likes