Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walmart Double Data promotion
shaun4321

I made a mistake using the online activation of my $45 prepaid plan SIM kit I purchased from Walmart.  In the middle of the process I moved forward one step while the $30 prepaid plan was selected, but I intended to click the $45 prepaid plan.  The website would not let me go back and told me to call customer service, where I was told that I had activated a $30 plan and was therefore ineligible for the Walmart double data promotion (see "Double Data for Life" here).  After a couple hours huddled around a Walmart speakerphone with a Walmart employee trying to make things right, Verizon told me they couldn't figure out how to get my extra GB from the Walmart plan.  Is there any recourse I have, short of activating another NEW Walmart SIM kit?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Walmart Double Data promotion
shaun4321

Maybe I should clarify.  I intended to activate my $45 plan as a $45 plan.  However the online activation system took my incorrect $30 plan selection halfway through an incomplete activation (I hadn't even entered my personal info yet) and "activated" the plan, then the website became unresponsive except to say I had to call customer service.  I explained that I wanted a $45 plan to the Verizon rep on the phone, who fixed my plan for me and completed the activation, but I didn't have the Walmart promotional data.  I explained that I should be getting the Walmart data but they said I must not be getting it because the initial activation was for the wrong plan...they suggested I take it up with Walmart.  A Walmart employee and I were on the phone with Verizon for a couple hours with no satisfaction.

So, I am currently on the $45 plan but I don't have the Walmart data, and they say it is because of the plan's initial activation as a $30 plan.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

This promo is the same as the 1GB $45 prepaid Verizon plan, with 1 GB Bonus for autopay.  2GB for $45.

Prepaid Phones and Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
climboften

Verizon is pulling a Bait & Switch on this deal. I purchased a Verizon sim kit from Walmart prior to the 1/17 deadline and activated prior to the 2/16 deadline and activated correctly on the $45 plan but no Double Data. Called twice first time told me to call Walmart. Called Walmart they said they have no control and can not add Data that I have to fix with Verizon. Called second time spent about 1 hour on hold as Verizon ran things up the management flagpole.  Verizon agreed to add the Data but still no additional Data. I have all my receipts and a picture of the promotional offer my next email goes to the State Attorney General and the FCC to file a Bait & Switch fraud complaint. As far as I know switching terms after the sale is still illegal in the US.

0 Likes