Walmart Double Data promotion
shaun4321
Enthusiast - Level 2

I made a mistake using the online activation of my $45 prepaid plan SIM kit I purchased from Walmart.  In the middle of the process I moved forward one step while the $30 prepaid plan was selected, but I intended to click the $45 prepaid plan.  The website would not let me go back and told me to call customer service, where I was told that I had activated a $30 plan and was therefore ineligible for the Walmart double data promotion (see "Double Data for Life" here).  After a couple hours huddled around a Walmart speakerphone with a Walmart employee trying to make things right, Verizon told me they couldn't figure out how to get my extra GB from the Walmart plan.  Is there any recourse I have, short of activating another NEW Walmart SIM kit?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Walmart Double Data promotion
shaun4321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe I should clarify.  I intended to activate my $45 plan as a $45 plan.  However the online activation system took my incorrect $30 plan selection halfway through an incomplete activation (I hadn't even entered my personal info yet) and "activated" the plan, then the website became unresponsive except to say I had to call customer service.  I explained that I wanted a $45 plan to the Verizon rep on the phone, who fixed my plan for me and completed the activation, but I didn't have the Walmart promotional data.  I explained that I should be getting the Walmart data but they said I must not be getting it because the initial activation was for the wrong plan...they suggested I take it up with Walmart.  A Walmart employee and I were on the phone with Verizon for a couple hours with no satisfaction.

So, I am currently on the $45 plan but I don't have the Walmart data, and they say it is because of the plan's initial activation as a $30 plan.

Snn5
Legend

This promo is the same as the 1GB $45 prepaid Verizon plan, with 1 GB Bonus for autopay.  2GB for $45.

Prepaid Phones and Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
climboften

Verizon is pulling a Bait & Switch on this deal. I purchased a Verizon sim kit from Walmart prior to the 1/17 deadline and activated prior to the 2/16 deadline and activated correctly on the $45 plan but no Double Data. Called twice first time told me to call Walmart. Called Walmart they said they have no control and can not add Data that I have to fix with Verizon. Called second time spent about 1 hour on hold as Verizon ran things up the management flagpole.  Verizon agreed to add the Data but still no additional Data. I have all my receipts and a picture of the promotional offer my next email goes to the State Attorney General and the FCC to file a Bait & Switch fraud complaint. As far as I know switching terms after the sale is still illegal in the US.

0 Likes