What do I need to look for in a phone that I'm buying from eBay? I need it to be compatible with the prepaid plan I already have.
DreamsInPink

I'm looking at getting a Samsung Galaxy S7 hopefully.  But there are lots of them out there.. some with different criteria though...    such as locked and unlocked.  I don't know what that means...   I don't want to pay for a phone, get it, and have it not work... that would be bad.  I hope someone can offer advice.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What do I need to look for in a phone that I'm buying from eBay? I need it to be compatible with the prepaid plan I already have.
JohnnyNoCash363
Enthusiast - Level 3

You need the IMEI number so you can check to see if the device is compatible.  You can do that at vzw.com > shop > smartphones and devices > bring your own device.  Just select I am not a customer then enter the IMEI. If it's a Verizon phone you'll want to call customer service to make sure it's not reported stolen, or on some kind of non pay list.  It doesn't need to be a prepaid phone, but it's easier if it's a vzw phone.  Phones bought through private sale can end up on lost/stolen lists or non pay lists after you've bought them, so you're taking a risk doing it that way. 

0 Likes