What is the minimum amount I have to add each month to keep my Core prepaid account active?
kge3

Hello,

I have a Samsung Gusto on the Core prepaid plan. I currently have a $99 balance, so don't need to add any minutes. However, Verizon is telling me that if I don't add at least $15 to my account on the payment due date, my account will be deactivated. What is the last amount I can pay each month and still keep the account active? Do I need to be on a different plan?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is the minimum amount I have to add each month to keep my Core prepaid account active?
rcschnoor
Legend

When you add money to your prepaid plan, your plan is then "active" for a set amount of time. The time it is active depends on the amount of money you add to your account.

From the prepaid FAQ page, you can find the following:

When do payments I've made to my Prepaid account expire? Do minutes carry over?

Once applied to your account, payments made to your account expire as follows:

• $15-$29.99 payments expire in 30 days
  • $30-$74.99 payments expire in 90 days
  • $75-$99.99 payments expire in 180 days
  • $100 or more payments expire in 365 days

If you make a payment to your account before your expiration date, any unused balance will carry over and expire on your new expiration date.

So, in essence you can add $15 every 30 days to keep your line active, which comes out to $180/year. On the other hand, if you add $100 all at once, your account will remain active for 1 year.

View solution in original post

Re: What is the minimum amount I have to add each month to keep my Core prepaid account active?
rcschnoor
Legend

When you add money to your prepaid plan, your plan is then "active" for a set amount of time. The time it is active depends on the amount of money you add to your account.

From the prepaid FAQ page, you can find the following:

When do payments I've made to my Prepaid account expire? Do minutes carry over?

Once applied to your account, payments made to your account expire as follows:

• $15-$29.99 payments expire in 30 days
  • $30-$74.99 payments expire in 90 days
  • $75-$99.99 payments expire in 180 days
  • $100 or more payments expire in 365 days

If you make a payment to your account before your expiration date, any unused balance will carry over and expire on your new expiration date.

So, in essence you can add $15 every 30 days to keep your line active, which comes out to $180/year. On the other hand, if you add $100 all at once, your account will remain active for 1 year.

kge3

Thank you rcschnoor! This was the information I needed. Very helpful.

0 Likes