What's mts
cmenji11

What are prepaid MTS surcharge

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What's mts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is an excellent question. The MTS charge is the taxes, fees and surcharges combined into a single Prepaid Mobile Telephony service (MTS). We want you to be able to get every question answered. You can contact our Prepaid Team at, 888-294-6804. They will be able to answer any questions you may have for the future. You can also contact our prepaid team using our Chat option at, VZW.com.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Lily1407

I am trying to understand Verizon's breakdown of MTS fees. I am on monthly auto bill pay for my prepaid service. My plan is $40 with Gardena MTS fee as of April 2018 at 9.8%. So I have been charged $43.92 every month.

Under payment details, it breaks it down as follows:

Ca Prepaid MTS Fee   $1.40

Ca Prepaid MTS Fee   $2.22

Ca Prepaid MTS Fee   $0.30

Total Amount                $43.92

9.8% of $40 is $43.92 but first question:

Why is it broken down by three sections?

My next month's bill is $46.12 with total taxes at $6.12 but Gardena MTS Fee is still at 9.8%

Second question:

What additional taxes or surcharges was added?

Looking at the new breakdown, one of the Prepaid MTS Fee was increased from $1.40 to $3.60.

Third question:

Where can I find more information to this increase?

I went on the California Board to search for recent changes.

Currently, Gardena MTS Fee is still at 9.8%

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lily1407, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. I understand wanting to know all the details about the taxes and surcharges that you're being charged. Taxes and surcharges are fees that are charged by the local and federal government. For more information about these taxes and surcharges, we would recommend reaching out to your local government offices. This link will also provide you with more details about taxes and fees in the State of California http://spr.ly/6583DtPnV. I hope this is helpful information.

Kevin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes