When I receive my new phone can I keep my current phone number?
MLF0871

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 5.   In order to get it, I had to choose to get a new phone number, instead of keeping my current number.  When I receive my phone, the representative told me that I can call in to keep my current number.    Or can I do it upon activation?  How does that work?  I don't want a new phone number.   I want to keep the one I have.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When I receive my new phone can I keep my current phone number?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you add a line to your account or open a separate new account? How did you purchase the phone? Online or in store? Did you pay full retail price, DPP or two year contract price?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MLF0871

It's a prepaid phone and I ordered from online.   The representative told me that when I get my new phone, that I will be able to call and keep my current phone number.   I was just wondering do I do that after I activate the phone, or will  I have option to do that when I'm activating it?   When purchasing, there were two options.  To keep same number, which I did select.. but when I did that, it wouldn't let me since Im not coming from a different carrier, and I couldn't check out my item because of that.    I'm already a verizon customer.  Im not coming from a different carrier.  So I contacted support to tell them that I do not want a new number.  I want my current phone number.   He told me to go ahead and choose to have a new phone number but when I receive my prepaid phone, I can call in to keep my current phone number.    I know this probably didn't make any sense.  sorry.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should call the prepaid customer service number at 1-888-294-6804 before you turn on the new phone and get help from the reps on transferring your prepaid account to the new device in order to keep your number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes