Why I can't get a Verizon prepaid plan/Why can't I get a Verizon Prepaid plan
nameless

For half a year I have had a Verizon prepaid $2/day plan. The Verizon call service is great where I live, so that's not an issue. Today I was reduced to tears of frustration trying to use the Verizon website to change my plan (with $1.51 remaining) to a monthly prepaid plan, for $35/month. I tried repeatedly to contact various options on the phone, no dice. I finally got a 1-800 number to call Verizon about prepaid plans. I couldn't compete a 1-800 call to Verizon!! I cannot find a Customer Service phone number on the website. The closest I came was when I switched to "choose a phone!" I have an existing Verizon phone, a Gusto 2. In the past I have praised Verizon's call quality to the skies, after ATT left me in the lurch after I moved -- as in calls dropped four times during the same phone call. REPEATEDLY.

So if Verizon would only just let me talk to a real person and negotiate this change, I could sing their praises again.

1. People say in the forums that they have ACTUALLY TALKED to a Verizon rep. HOW? Clues, phone numbers?

2. I have a Verizon phone, I have a Verizon recorded phone number for my Verizon account.

I've never been asked to be an account Owner, Manager, or ?user. Is there a way to be recognized as Owner and a web address at which to accomplish this.

I rather feel like an Haredi -- Verizon untouchable. The prepaid $2/day was a good plan, and I was grateful, until people started calling me back on many days.

Bottom line; Please help me negotiate the switch from the $2/day plan to the $35/month plan, and, if necessary, change my status to account owner, and keep my Verizon number and Verizon Gusto 2 phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why I can't get a Verizon prepaid plan/Why can't I get a Verizon Prepaid plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you searched prepaid plans space where you posted this question? The prepaid customer service number has been posted before here. Let us know if you can't find it or if your phone won't let you call it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why I can't get a Verizon prepaid plan/Why can't I get a Verizon Prepaid plan
nameless

My phone won't let me call any Verizon number. I cannot find a specific customer service number at all, on the web, given my sign in apparently marks me as Member, rather than Manager, or Owner. i will use a third grade emergency phone and call the number in the Forum. Thanks for alerting me that it has been posted here.

Signed

A Little Less Aggravated, thanks

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is understandable why you are unable to complete your calls. You have stated you only have $1.51 left in your account yet your plan calls for a $2 charge each day you use the phone. You do not have enough money in your account to activate your service for the day, meaning you would not be able to make ANY calls, Verizon or otherwise!

Your best bet would be to add some funds if you would like use the phone to make a call, which would include calls to Verizon.

Otherwise, you may be able to have this taken care of in a Verizon store or by calling CS from another phone.

Good luck.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Customer Service - Prepaid

Dial *611 from your cell phone

(888) 294-6804

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

0 Likes
nameless

I tried dialing #611 from my existing phone, but it didn't go through. I eventually located the Customer Service Number -- I don't even remember how, in the five hours I've been working this problem mostly on line. The Customer Service number is 18009220204. It worked. To set up a $35/month plan on the web site, I had to answer  questions about what phone I was bringing to the service. On the phone to CS it was simply a matter of paying for the plan I had signed up for.

The web site REALLY restricts what you can do. I kept running into questions about Account Manager/Account Owner -- and come to find out at C.S. that prepaid plans don't have these functions, so can't add /change phones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is *611 not #611.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.