Why Is My 4g Lte Prepaid Phone Locked?
jjschrews

Ok, it states that they do not lock their 4g lte prepaid phones. Then why is mine locked? I called to see about having it unlocked and talked to a very rude and hateful Verizon worker, who hung up on me when I asked if he could check my IMEI. I was told by a couple of other workers that if I wanted to use a straight talk Verizon sim, then I would have to contact straight talk for the code. Another carrier cannot give a code on another carriers device. I bought this phone on clearance, it is a great phone, from what I have been able to do, which is just get on WiFi. Att has the same so called policy on their prepaid phones, but were nice enough to unlock it, which I only did cause I sold the prepaid phone within a couple of months. But I never once got a rude, hateful person at att like I did with Verizon. The only reason I bought this prepaid phone was to use on straight talk because they have alot better prepaid plans. The rudeness I encountered on the phone is why I will never actually take a service plan, and yes, I know not all of them are that way. The phone I bought is $85 on here and I got it brand new for $19.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why Is My 4g Lte Prepaid Phone Locked?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should review the updated unlocking policy. Device Unlocking Policy | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why Is My 4g Lte Prepaid Phone Locked?
jjschrews

My biggest issue is that I was told that this phone would work on straight talk, with the straight talk Verizon sim. Verizon is the only carrier I have had this problem with. When I bought the prepaid att phone to use, I did so because my mega tore up. I didn't have any problems using that prepaid phone straight out of the box. I did some checking before I bought this Verizon phone and was told that it would work on straight talk as long as I used the straight talk Verizon sim. Well, it didn't. I bought this phone because my mega finally bit the dust after almost 7 years. I talked to 2 different people at Verizon and told them why I bought it and how I wanted to use it, both said there should be no problem. Like I said, the last 1 I talked to, which were after the first 2, was very rude and hateful and hung up on me when I asked if he could check my IMEI. I'm sorry, but that was very uncalled for and someone like that should not be allowed to work as a representative. I did call back after he hung up on me and explained to the person that answered what had happened and they apologized and said they don't hire people like that, well, they do. They could unlock anyone's phone on prepaid, if they wanted.

0 Likes