Why am I an "account member" in my online account....
Chat_Noir

when I am the one, who purchased the phone, added automatic payment and just wanted to see if the spam text messages are blocked correctly?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I an "account member" in my online account....
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Postpaid or prepaid account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Chat_Noir

Prepaid.

0 Likes
shocking
Enthusiast - Level 3

With prepaid there is not a distinction between account owner, member, manager etc... There is only the person that knows the password. So if you have a prepaid account, and if you are getting this error. Then most likely your phone number was originally with the post paid department. And when it was transferred to the Prepaid department it was not disconnected from Postpaid correctly. To fix this you would call prepaid Tech support and have them file a ticket to fix the issue. Or get a new phone number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Chat_Noir,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you are having with your online prepaid account.  I primarily handle postpaid accounts and am limited in the assistance that I can offer you on your prepaid account.  For the better assistance please reach out to our prepaid team,888-294-6804.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BarelyPaula

I get the error and my phone number is not a post paid account.  I got the number when I bought this prepaid account.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If you are on a prepaid account (not a post paid account), then you will be listed as an Account Member not an Owner. 

This is not an "error".  It's the way the system works.

0 Likes
lporter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Join the club. I am the ONLY one on my account, but online I am merely a member. You know, if I am not responsible for my account as a member, whoever Verizon assigned as the account owner really should step up and pay my bill. My problem has continued for months, at least 5 and maybe more. When I returned to the local Verizon store today, the girl there told me I was signing in wrong. This problem was ALL my fault. She even claimed my security number was wrong. It was right when I got home. But I STILL cannot do a thing on the web because Verizon has me as a member. I never had this problem with AT&T.

lporter
Enthusiast - Level 2

WRONG!!!!

I had the same number for years and suddenly this member crap showed up.

Also IF what you claim is true, then as a 'member' I would be able to pay on my account, change my plan, basically do anything I can as owner. THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

I suggest you try a new lie to someone who hasn't been there AND done that..

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

lporter, are you on a prepaid account or a post paid account?

0 Likes