Why can't I activate prepaid voice on my iPhone 6?
Ben_SanFran

I badly want to be a Verizon customer but I cannot get my new Verizon prepaid service up and running.

Verizon staff were able to help get the LTE data up and running, but voice never works on the non-Verizon iPhone 6 (model A1586, unlocked) that I brought. 

Made four visits to the Market St. Verizon Wireless store in San Francisco, but retail staff couldn't figure out a solution.  The first attempt on the phone with customer care didn't resolve the issue, either. 

Today I consulted with the store manager who confidently professed:

-"I've seen this a lot of times, prepaid often doesn't work with other countries' iPhones, even if they're unlocked"

-"this iPhone won't work because of HD Voice"

This seems mistaken. Verizon's BYOD page reports that my phone model works, and that the problem is in fact with the SIM activation. Verizon's chat support similarly said the manager was wrong, that HD voice wasn't necessary.

(If the manager was wrong, please Verizon Wireless Customer Support correct her misinformation--I can provide further details in a private message.)

Despite all these problems, I still want to be a Verizon customer, mainly because of the quality of the network.

So, how do I get my non-Verizon iPhone 6 working on prepaid voice + data?

Ben

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I activate prepaid voice on my iPhone 6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ben, that's a great question. We'd love for you to be able to use our prepaid service on your phone. While we can not guarantee that another device will work on our network, you can definitely reach our prepaid team for further tech support by dialing: 888-294-6804

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ben, that's a great question. We'd love for you to be able to use our prepaid service on your phone. While we can not guarantee that another device will work on our network, you can definitely reach our prepaid team for further tech support by dialing: 888-294-6804

JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We also want you to be part of the Verizon family, Ben_SanFran. I apologize for the experience you have had trying to activate your iPhone 6. We want to help find a solution once and for all. Can you please clarify where you purchased the phone from? What carrier was it originally intended for?

You can also contact our Prepay team for activation assistance. They can be reached at 1-888-294-6804. Please keep us posted.

AnthonyC_VZW

0 Likes