Why can't I call or text?
andrewwest61
Enthusiast - Level 1

Changed android phones an hour ago, and I'm unable to make calls or text with my new phone, this is a prepaid plan btw.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to make calls or text
andrewwest61
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: Fixed, had to add money to account to renew plan after changing phones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
awillisonj1973

I put a $30 card on my phone last night and they had to give Me a new number because the old one was already given away but now my phone won't make calls or texts and the WiFi works just fine. What do I do?

0 Likes
andrewwest61
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: Fixed, had to add money to account to renew plan after changing phones.

0 Likes
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

I had this same issue happen to me when I had to switch from the Moto G to the Moto E.  Verizon said the reason for this was because the Moto G was 3G and the Moto E has 4G LTE but nowhere does Verizon state this on the information for their prepaid plans. I pretty much had to pay the $45 twice to get my service on this month. Lesson learned pay the $45 after purchasing a new phone not before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly hope you are able to use your phone successfully, awillisonj1973. If you are still having difficulties using your phone with your new number, please dial 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone to work with our Prepay Experts who can access your account and be sure to get your calls and texts flowing again.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

awillisonj1973, I want you to have a working phone. I'm confident our prepaid team can get this resolved. Please reach out at 888-294-6804 options 4,6,4. Thank you.
.TominqueB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes