Why do Verizon Prepaid customers not have the same ability to change their mobile number in MyVerizon like contract customers? seem to be able to do.
adamferguson267

I want to change my number without having to call customer service and pay $15 to have it changed. I see the video that says you can change your number using MyVerizon for free, but that option is not available to me. I assume that prepaid customers don't have that same option. Am I correct in believing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do Verizon Prepaid customers not have the same ability to change their mobile number in MyVerizon like contract customers? seem to be able to do.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all that we can to provide our prepaid customers with the same self service option as our contract customers. My apologies for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing with changing your number adamferguson267. Wiht prepaid, it's imperative that the balance on the account gets properly transferred when a mobile number change takes place. To ensure that the service and the funds are not negatively impacted, a number change can be made by phone with our prepaid dept at 888-294-6804. As always, we suggest calling from another number/phone when changing your prepaid phone number.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why do Verizon Prepaid customers not have the same ability to change their mobile number in MyVerizon like contract customers? seem to be able to do.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all that we can to provide our prepaid customers with the same self service option as our contract customers. My apologies for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing with changing your number adamferguson267. Wiht prepaid, it's imperative that the balance on the account gets properly transferred when a mobile number change takes place. To ensure that the service and the funds are not negatively impacted, a number change can be made by phone with our prepaid dept at 888-294-6804. As always, we suggest calling from another number/phone when changing your prepaid phone number.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adamferguson267

Already taken care of.

0 Likes