Why doesn't Verizon offer any Contacts backup solution for prepaid customers?
LoganS
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I used to be on a contract plan, had my branch office close down, went out of work, and ended up having my contract lapse (this was a couple years ago). After all the monthly service charges for two lines mounted up before Verizon actually shut off the service, combined with early disconnect penalties and the like, the final bill was like $1100.

I wasn't about to pay this, so I ended up switching to a prepaid plan. I understand that prepaid services naturally will carry certain limitations and restrictions of service as compared to contract plans, but one of the most absurd and ridiculous limitations is having no way to backup contacts, whether in general, or when switching devices (particularly from Android to Apple, or vise versa).

As soon as I switched to prepaid, the Backup Assistant feature designed exclusively to backup contacts stopped working. To add, the Verizon Cloud service is not available for prepaid customers. You would think as small as a vcf namecard file is to backup, that either 1) Verizon Cloud should be accessible to prepaid customers, maybe not to the extent of backing up photos, etc., but at least to backup contacts, or 2) enable the original Backup Assistant feature for prepaid customers to backup contacts.

I'm now switching from an Android device to an Apple device, and Verizon is offering me no solutions to backup my contacts, other than a customer service rep telling me I could try taking both devices in to a store to see what they could do, but promised nothing in regards to them actually being able to do it. Android to android is simple, as you can export your contacts to an external SD card, and then import them back in via the external SD. But when switching to apple device, you can't do that. There's also no indication I could import contacts from Gmail to an apple device.

Even after getting gouged with an $1100 collection debt from Verizon due to an unfortunate loss of job, I stayed loyal to them, continue to reach in to my pocket and send them money every month for the last 2 years on prepaid, yet I can't even backup my contacts? It's completely absurd.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why doesn't Verizon offer any Contacts backup solution for prepaid customers?
santiagoqa
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, the Back Up Assistance feature is still available for prepaid phones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Verizon offer any Contacts backup solution for prepaid customers?
Not applicable

if you have an iPhone you'd just do it through iCloud( I ssume ) and if you have Android you'd just do it through your Google account

0 Likes
santiagoqa
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, the Back Up Assistance feature is still available for prepaid phones.

0 Likes